Monday, March 14, 2011

Summertime...

It’s summer here. Well, at least it feels like summer (to me) here. Cool in the morning, blazing by noon. The birds are chirping excitedly as the sun comes up…
 I have skipped right over spring fever and have been flung headlong, straight into summer mania! I am finding myself assaulted by tangible summertime associations. I can smell the morning dew, taste the watermelon, feel the refreshing sensation of a dip in lake water… I can hear the cricket’s endless song in my mind… The tree frogs serenading an evening filled with fireflies and the lingering smell of dinnertime barbeques… The sound of distant radios and laughter, the clinking of ice in sweating glasses filled with something light and fruity to drink… The scent of suntan lotion, and bug spray, Skin So Soft, and chlorine pool water… Sweet, sticky babies and children all drippy from ice cream cones and popscicles…
Mmmmm…  Summertime…  Nostalgia at its very, very, best. I will smile all day just thinking of this. J
-Love

No comments:

Post a Comment