Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rain...

It rained here yesterday. Yes, here in the desert. I mean it really rained. All. Day. Long. It was cold and damp and dare I say, dreary.
I must say the one thing I absolutely love about living here in Arizona is the sunshine. About ninety percent of the time the sun is shining without a cloud in the sky. Once in a great while I think hmmm… I kinda miss the rain. The sound of the raindrops pelting the rooftops and treetops and trickling down drainpipes and sewer grates… The fresh smell that permeates the air after the earth has been bathed in a cleansing rain shower… And the way that the sun reemerges from behind a curtain of cloud like a (forgive the pun) star taking center stage. The way everything glistens and shimmers as the sun’s rays filter through the crystal brilliance. Yes, there is something to be said for rain, and how much more brilliant the sun appears in relation to it.
This is something I’ve thought about for a while. It makes me think of all the things in life that I dislike or wish away, and how those are the things that make my most cherished moments that much more amazing. Without the rain, the sun is only ordinary. It takes a cloudy day to remind us how bright and beautiful a clear blue sky really is.
Just a little tweak in perspective!
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment